Mount Sinai Careers
Material Management - Supervisor
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- responsible for the supervision and coordination of specific business and administrative activities consistent with departmental objectives, administrative policies and practices. Provides direct supervision for professional staff, administrative/office support and may include patient support staff as applicable to assigned department.
- Plans and schedules work for staff to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
- Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
- Establishes, reviews and revises work processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective administrative activities.
- Makes recommendations regarding fiscal and staffing requirements of the unit to assist in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
- Compiles information reflecting expenditures and develops comparisons.
- Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with other departments, units or care centers, as well as within own department, to ensure effective coordination of work activities.
- Ensures compliance with department and organization policies & procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience.
5 years of directly related experience with a minimum of one year in a supervisory role strongly preferred.