Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Business Representative (Mount Sinai West) - ADMITTING - P/T Day Shift
Strength Through Diversity
Patient Business Representative conducts interviews with patients to determine insurance status and/or eligibility for public benefit programs, maintains accurate data on patient billing issues, and assists in the day-to-day clinic operations.
- Interviews patients about finances to determine insurance status and/or eligibility for public benefit programs
- Collects documents and assists patients in applying for benefit programs when needed
- Assigns patients to the appropriate payment category and assures that this information is available for all patients in the database
- Coordinates patient access to services (i.e, financial, transportation, etc.)
- Follows-up with patients to track their position in the application process as needed
- High School Diploma required, BA preferred
- Prior experience with and a knowledge of public benefits preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Computer experience (wordprocessing, database) and experience with medical terminology preferred