Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Evening Shift Physician Assistant position
- Provide care for patients in collaboration with the physician and within the guidelines mutually agreed upon by clinical and medical administration.
- Assesses patients’ needs and develops plan of care in collaboration with the physician
- Provides health teaching, guidance and counseling
- Makes appropriate referrals with the concurrence of the physician
- Performs complete physical exams utilizing customary techniques
- Orders diagnostic testing in collaboration with the physician
- Orders medication in collaboration with physician
- Working with Attending physicians to effectuate timely discharges, order tests, coordinate procedures and working with social workers and hospital staff to set up outpatient supplies/medications. Also includes direct admissions H &P, initial orders, and communication with family and attending.
- Performing daily rounds. May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
- Masters, Graduate of an ARC-PA Accredited Physician Assistant Program, previous health related experience and experience as a PA preferred.
- Required: all credentialing documents not limited to but including NYS PA registration, Diploma, license, current PA certification, ACLS, BCLS, PALS
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.