Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Provide care for patients in collaboration with the physician and within the guidelines mutually agreed upon by clinical and medical administration.
- Assesses patients’ needs and develops plan of care in collaboration with the physician
- Provides health teaching, guidance and counseling
- Makes appropriate referrals with the concurrence of the physician
- Performs complete physical exams utilizing customary techniques
- Orders diagnostic testing in collaboration with the physician
- Orders medication in collaboration with physician
- Working with Attending physicians to effectuate timely discharges, order tests, coordinate procedures and working with social workers and hospital staff to set up outpatient supplies/medications. Also includes direct admissions H &P, initial orders, and communication with family and attending.
- Performing daily rounds. May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
- Masters, Graduate of an ARC-PA Accredited Physician Assistant Program, previous health related experience and experience as a PA preferred.
- Required: all credentialing documents not limited to but including NYS PA registration, Diploma, license, current PA certification, ACLS, BCLS, PALS