Mount Sinai Careers
Case Management Assistant - Per Diem - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- With direction, assists in the completion of documentation necessary to develop and implement a post-acute discharge plan for patients.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to assist in the implementation of the discharge plan.
- Assist case managers, social workers, and other members of the interdisciplinary team in all discharge planning matters.
- Screens telephone and fax requests. Responds to inquiries and makes appropriate referrals.
- Utilizes knowledge of community resources to refer patients to appropriate services to ensure continuity and quality of care. Serve as liaison with community agencies and referral services.
- Assists in obtaining authorizations for transition to the next level of care (i.e home, acute/subacute rehab facility, transportation, DME, etc.).
- Coordinates the arrangements for referrals for transportation, durable medical equipment, residential facility placements and other facilities as needed for all eligible patients.
- Assists in facilitating discharges for homeless patients, including assistance in completion of appropriate packet, getting acceptance, and arranging transportation.
- Obtain approval for hospital provided prescriptions for patients being discharged.
- Assemble resources on available benefits/entitlements and referral services.
- Work with financial counselors to assist patients with Medicaid, Medicare, and other financial resources when necessary
- Maintains professional documentation as defined by organizational policy and procedure.
- Assists in the collection and reporting of timely, accurate statistical data.
- Provides information relative to services, specific programs, and treatment options offered.
- Assists in completion of eligibility documents, assessment forms, etc, as necessary and appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Must have a minimum 1 year service in a consumer service field.