Mount Sinai Careers
Coordinator of Volunteers - Part-time - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Oversees the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and scheduling of volunteer workers.
- Coordinates student and community volunteer service program meet the needs of the organization.
- Consults administrators and staff to determine organization needs for various volunteer services and plans for volunteer recruitment.
- Refers volunteers to appropriate department management.
- Orients and trains volunteers prior to assignment in specific units.
- Arranges for on-the-job and other required training and supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
- Serves as liaison between administration, staff, and volunteers.
- Reviews job satisfaction, work problems and reassignments of volunteers.
- Coordinates and conducts orientation program for new volunteers and reviews department and medical center’s policies and procedures. Participates in development of policies and procedures applicable to the volunteer process.
- Generates and maintains monthly statistics on the number of volunteers employed, their allocation and turnover.
- Prepares and maintains procedural and training manuals.
- Represents department in various hospital committees and fills in the Director or Manager’s absence, if applicable to department and function.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Business training required.
- 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area