Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Spanish Interpreter (CHI/CCHI pref) - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducts medical and general interpreting for staff, patients and their families.
- Assesses and monitors patients’ understanding of information conveyed.
- Records and monitors interpretation activities according to hospital and department standards.
- Communicates as clearly as possible for both the LEP patient and/or family member and the medical provider.
- Conveys thoughts and feeling as accurately as possible and does not impose his/her ideas.
- Relays information in an accurate and concise manner and does not omit, change or add information.
- Assists LEP in-patients and out-patients and/or family members throughout the medical center.
- May be required to translate written documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be fluent in both English and target language
- 1-3 years interpreting experience in a hospital setting
- Certified by the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters