Mount Sinai Careers
Physical Therapy Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Implements treatment programs to assigned patients, based on the treatment plan established by the physical therapist. Provides feedback to the physical therapist on a regular basis, indicating the patient's progress in treatment. Coordinates with other disciplines as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for all documentation requirements in a timely manner, including progress notes and discharge summaries.
- Provides group sessions as indicated by the Therapy Manager.
- Recommends appropriate durable medical equipment (DME) in coordination with the proper team members.
- Participates in discharge planning and makes recommendations to the physical therapist.
- Attends appropriate rounds, conferences inservices and meetings.
- Will be assigned additional patients in the event that coverage is required, as dictated by staffing needs.
- Maintains patient attendance statistical records as required.
- Participates in supervision of PTA students on clinical affiliations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education Requirements:Experience Requirements:
Graduate of an accredited PTA curriculum. Associates degree necessary.
NYS license or eligible.