Mount Sinai Careers
Infection Surveillance Officer PTR
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Ensures that infection control guidelines for all departments are current and appropriate
- Ensures that JCAHO mandated Infection Control manual is complete and current
- Conducts ongoing infection control inservice education programs for all departments
- Prepares and delivers specific infection control lectures as needed
- Participates in Infection Control Committee Meetings by presenting data collected throughout surveillance periods
- Conducts National Nosocomial Infection Surveillance (NNIS) for nosocomial infections
- Knows CDC Guidelines (NNIS) of Nosocomial Infections
- Education Requirements:Experience Requirements:
Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
Basic knowledge of infectious diseases, microbiology.
BA/BS in microbiology, public health or nursing, an advanced degree is preferable.
Previous Infection Control Experience.