Mount Sinai Careers
Assistant Nurse Manager - Labor and Delivery Evenings
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Assists the Div. of Occupational Medicine/Employee Health Nurse Manager and provides direct training/supervision/management to all nurses and nurse related functions in the Division; including mobile, satellite programs, off-site programs and similar
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Div. of Occupational Medicine/Employee Health Nurse Manager and provides direct training/supervision/management to all nurses and nurse related functions in the Division; including mobile, satellite programs, off-site programs and similar
- Addresses the needs of both internal and external clients for the Division of Occupational Medicine at various locations on a fluctuating work schedule
- Demonstrates competency in performing treatments and procedures, including blood drawing, EKG test administration, eye and hearing tests, spirometry and fit testing
- Provides a model of expertise in these testing areas
- Assists in instructing other nursing staff members in the development of these skills
- Demonstrates ability to utilize computers and computer software to access patient information, enter data, and generate reports of various types
- Compiles statistical results and generates reports
- Works with software vendor to update programs, correct problems encountered in the process of utilizing software for various compliance functions
- Provides a model of practical utilization of computer skills to reinforce and support Division compliance programs
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge base, including medical information, Division and Medical Center policies, and regulatory agency requirements
- Provides a knowledge base to other staff nurses
- Provides a model of patient care to staff nurses, patients and other members of the Beth Israel community
- Maintains a professional/business model of behavior and appearance
- Provides a model of customer service
- Behaves responsibly at all times under all circumstances
- Demonstrates ability to defuse tense situations
- Takes a proactive role in expanding and improving the respiratory protection program
- Works with nursing staff in the development/expansion of the program and development/improvement of prerequisite skills
- Maintains flexibility and is adaptable to changing job formulation, work assignments, and work locations, based on Division need
Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program, minimum of B.S.N.
Hands-on experience with computers and computer software. Ability to counsel patients and patient representatives relative to health care needs, as well as Medical Center and regulatory agency requirements.
N/ALicensing and Certification Requirements:
Current New York State license/registration. Current CPR certification. Membership in appropriate professional health organizations, i.e., AAOHN.
Microsoft Office - Intermediate
General Skills and Competencies:
- High level verbal and written communication skills.