Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to patients in the Surgical Step Down Unit & Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
- Provide professional nursing care to critical patients, including IV Therapy, phlebotomy, medication administration and documentation. Utilize the nursing process in all aspects of care delivery. Ability to interpret and treat arrhythmias per ACLS protocol, intervene in cardiac arrest, pain management and management of complications of diseases and surgical procedures. Experience with hemodynamic monitoring and central line management essentials.
- Nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patients.
- Develops a goal oriented care plan based on the nursing assessment, with participation of patient and significant others.
- Nursing actions are consistent with the care plan and medical regimen and hospital procedures
- Demonstrates a competent level of technical skill which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and technical skills of professional nursing.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing preferred.
- Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice. Special skills/experience may be required in specialized areas.
- Registered Nurse License and current registration in New York State.
- Minimum 2 year telemetry Med/Surg experience in a hospital setting. BCLS/ACLS certification required. Critical care experience required. ICU preferred. EKG skills required.
- Completion of full Critical Care course and Certification required
- Duties include: remote telemetry, administration of IV antiarrhythmic drugs, EKG interpretation, IV Therapy, remote telemetry, chemo, IV/Phlebotomy