Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Representative (Bilingual Spanish preferred) - Office of Quality - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Receives and responds to referrals from patients/families, professionals and administrative staff and the community.
- Responds to crisis situations, and reactions of patients/families.
- Explains risks and benefits to patients, ensuring that all necessary precautions and alternatives were discussed.
- Advises patient/families of “Patient’s Bill of Rights” and of patient’s responsibilities.
- Assists in cases where patient is threatening to leave the hospital against medical advice.
- Responds to patient problems, concerns and unmet needs to promote patient satisfaction with services. Investigates complaints through interviews with hospital personnel and reviews pertinent documentation including patient charts.
- Interviews patients and families in cases of possible hospital liability. Documents (for hospital records) the problem, service provided, and action taken. Services to objectively resolve grievances.
- Explains resolution of problems or concerns to patient/families and to appropriate hospital personnel.
- Participates in orientation and in-service educational problems to employees, medical students, and volunteers in relation to the Patient’s Bill of Rights, patient perception of care and staff sensitivity to patient records.
- Provides Notary Public Services to patients.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS/BA degree in behavior science, social work, or related field is preferred (note experience)
- 2 years of patient and/or health care relations or other related experience. With BA/BS, 3 years without degree but BA/BS is preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates preferred