Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System
Job Title: Emergency Room Liaison
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for patients, care team, family/caregiver(s), payers, and community resources
- Work with patients to plan and monitor care for appropriate follow up after discharge from Emergency Department
- Facilitate patient access to appropriate medical and specialty providers
- Educate patient and family/caregiver(s) about relevant community resources
- Facilitate and attend meetings between patient, family/caregiver(s), care team, payers, and community resources, as needed
- Cultivate and support primary care and specialty provider co-management with timely communication, inquiry, follow-up, and integration of information into the patient care plan regarding transitions-in-care and referrals
- Core values consistent with a patient- and family-centered approach to care
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates preferred.
- The position requires the incumbent be able to lift heavy boxes up to 50 pounds and assist in moving patients.
- Client service skills - Consistently ensures the team provides the client with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
- Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
- Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
- Availability to work 12 noon to 8 pm, Tuesday thru Saturday required
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.