Mount Sinai Careers
Technical Engineer I - Information Services
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Information Services - Req #77225
Technical Engineer I
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas (e.g. Exchange Messaging Servers, Unix, Windows Servers OS, Server Hardware, Active Directory, System Center, SharePoint, Lync, etc.).
- May engineer/implement solutions using Middleware platform such as Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop or VMWARE
- Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
- May design, code and implement software modifications to meet product/platform configuration and connectivity needs, and specialized application requirements.
- Performs daily functions that include user support, database implementation and upgrade co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, including mobile devices if applicable.
- Maintains software versions management controls.
- Understand Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
- Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
- Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
- Design and develop software if required.
- Tests new software versions and participates in upgrades and migrations.
- Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
- May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
- Provides investigation services to assist with legal requirements.
- Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
- Maintains and augments manuals
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute
- 3+ years of experience in engineering and support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, as assigned.
- Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities. Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of network topology and routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of PBX hardware, ACD applications, etc. – Telecom Specific