Mount Sinai Careers
Staff Nurse (Mount Saint St. Lukes's) - MEDICINE GENERAL MEDICINE F/T Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
MEDICINE GENERAL MEDICINE - Req # 77248
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Nurses are the heart of healthcare — compassionate collaborators with valued expertise and voices who provide and coordinate relationship-centered care on a 24/7 basis. You are empowered to build harmonious partnerships on behalf of each patient and family member that entrust us with their care.
Responsible for the care activities and goal achievements of assigned patients by assessing, diagnosing, planning and intervening in actual or potential health problems and evaluating patient's response to care
Responsible health teaching and discharge planning
Acts as a member of a designated care team and collaborates, coordinates and guides team members in planning patient care activities
Demonstrates behaviors, which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and teaching skills of a professional nurse
- Conducts nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient.
- Ensures that the patient's progress, or lack of progress, is reflected in progress notes and in the revised care plans
- Discharge planning consistent with the patient's status and reflects inter-departmental and inter-agency communication
- Communicates information to the patient based on the patient's level of awareness and readiness to learn
- Supports orientation of new staff members by observing professional behaviors, providing feedback to the staff member and by acting as a preceptor, role model and a resource person
- functions as a professional role model and mentor for students and volunteers.
- Patient care assignments reflecting an awareness of patient needs and skill level of personnel
- Organization of provision of care to meet priority needs of patients and unit
- Communicates condition of patients and unit requiring additional intervention to the leadership person in the relevant discipline
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- The Clinical Nurse – Med/Surg (M/S) is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
- As an Adult Medical Surgical Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for managing the care of the adult patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
- Provides direct, continuous care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process - based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- The Adult Med/Surg RN reports directly to the Medical Surgical Nurse Manager.
- BLS / BCLS certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license
Strength Through Diversity