Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Service Representative
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Performs routine clerical duties, including cash collections, appointment and test scheduling, registration/financial data, processing routine managed care referrals and ensuring integrity of billing data and charge documents
- Greets and registers patients; prepares and processes appropriate forms; directs patients to appropriate areas and arranges transportation needs.
- Schedules patient appointments in the IDX system, consults and schedules ancillary service appointments on manual and/or computerized system
- Makes reminder and "no show" calls and provides schedule information to the practice
- Prints schedules and confirms appointments
- Performs a complete registration of patient clinical, financial and demographic information into the ADT and IDX system
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Basic understanding of managed care and commercial insurance company guidelines and requirements; knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD9-CM coding; typing skills for CRT input (25 to 35 words per minute with no errors).
Ability to accurately conduct and record a patient financial interview to obtain clinical, demographic and financial information.
Normal clerical dexterity required. Ability to handle multiple priorities and to deal calmly with individuals under stress.