Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai’s Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) is seeking a full time bilingual Social Media and Recruitment Specialist, to help grow the IAM’s digital presence and branding strategy, in addition to providing HIV/STI testing and counseling, outreach and education, particularly towards Latinx men and transwomen who have sex with men (MSM/TWSM) in New York City as part of a multi-year CDC subcontract with the Latino Commission on AIDS.
The role involves two related but distinct responsibilities:
-Creating content for the IAM’s Prevention social and print media, including but not limited to posts, graphics, videos, and promotional materials,
-Providing in-person and online outreach, HIV/HCV/STI testing in the community and connecting clients to follow up services and primary care.
Regular daytime responsibilities will focus on social media and graphic design. Several evenings per week or on occasional weekends, provide outreach and testing services in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Social Media Responsibilities:
1. Develop social strategies to reach target populations (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
2. Create and sources engaging content and branding (logos, posts, graphics, videos) promoting IAM’s services and special events/observances, with input from IAM leadership, colleagues, funders and community advisory groups and boards
3. Analyze post data, reports on performance, and identifies opportunities for growth and change
4. Design graphics for promotional materials
5. Work with LCOA staff on city-wide marketing campaigns targeting Latinx MSM and transgender individuals.
Recruitment, Outreach and Testing Responsibilities:
6. Provide rapid HIV/HCV/STI testing and counseling in community settings or IAM clinic(s); may draw blood for HIV confirmatory tests if certified
7. Present health promotion and relevant materials around HIV and STI transmission and prevention modalities, including condom distribution and HIV biomedical prevention education (PrEP and PEP)
8. Provide appropriate navigation, linkage, follow-up to primary care and related services as needed Design graphics for promotional materials
9. Create, documents and reports all digital and in-person activities in accordance with health system and program requirements
10. Liaise and collaborates with event coordinators and organizations to schedule, organize, and implement testing and outreach functions
Perform other related duties as required
Proven experience and/or degree in social media/graphic design; please submit examples of your work
Experience and/or demonstrated interest in sexual health education and/or HIV prevention
HIV testing certification a plus, but training will be provided to the right candidate
· Experience providing community-based HIV testing and outreach
· Experience with creating social media and branding presence
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Certified HIV Tester (not requited, but useful)
General Skills and Competencies:
· Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
· The right candidate will be highly tech-savvy on a variety of platforms, as well as culturally competent and outgoing, able to connect with a wide variety of people to provide first-rate clinical and educational services. The Social Media & Recruitment Specialist will ideally have knowledge around HIV transmission and prevention strategies, though training will also be provided. They will work under the supervision of the IAM HIV Prevention Program Manager and LCOA Program Coordinator.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!