Mount Sinai Careers
Coordinator Breast Feeding - Nutrition
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Coordinator of Breast Feeding is responsible for providing administrative, operational and programmatic support services to an assigned program area. The Program provides a specific service or carries out specific activities as a separate entity or as a component program within a department, but is not a department itself. A Program is ongoing, but may have a business cycle.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintains liaison with staff in other departments to coordinate program activities and training; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness; demonstrates continuous efforts to improve support operations and systems, to streamline work processes and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
- Provides assistance to staff in assigned areas to ensure program objectives are accomplished.
- May coordinate and oversees grant related issues, reporting of program statistics and the implementation of data collection procedures.
- Assists in administering program procedures and systems. May ensure information is disseminated to staff regarding program and Mount Sinai Medical Center’s policies and procedures.
- Assists in the planning, coordination and implementation of seminars, conferences and workshops. Recommends new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing program components.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nutrition required
IBCLC certification REQUIRED can be either IBCLC or CLCExperience Requirements:
None required, but 1-2 years administrative experience preferred
Microsoft Office - Beginner
General Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy