Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Research Scientist (PhD) - Dept of Neurosurgery - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Senior Scientist provides scientific and technical leadership in the management, design and execution of a clinical research program. With a broad range of skills and experience, this individual is a critical component of the Principle Investigator’s laboratory, demonstrating a capacity for collaboration and innovation with consistently high productivity.
- Designs and conducts complex clinical research studies requiring the determination and evaluation of alternative methods, diagnosis and treatment.
- Analyzes and interprets clinical data from research studies.
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies.
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and methodology for evaluating results.
- Communicates research results to the scientific community via published papers.
- Coordinates seminars and discussions for dissemination of knowledge and results of research in order to develop new diagnosis or treatment.
- Develops new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/ or continuing research activities.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities.
- May supervise graduate/ medical students and trainees.
- Performs other related duties.
- Ph.D in sciences or related field
- Minimum five years of experience with scientific investigation.
- Must have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a field of research
- Must have contributed to a number of peer-reviewed publications, inventions or the like, at least some of which have had a major impact on advancing the field or discipline.
- Prior experience successfully securing external grant funding is highly desirable.