Mount Sinai Careers
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Doctors Downtown – Ambulatory Primary/Specialty Care – Job Requisition 77419
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the care activities and goal achievements of assigned patients by assessing, diagnosing, planning and intervening in actual or potential health problems and evaluating patient's response to care. Responsible health teaching and discharge planning. Acts as a member of a designated care team and collaborates, coordinates and guides team members in planning patient care activities. Demonstrates behaviors, which reflect the scientific knowledge, judgment and teaching skills of a professional nurse
- Conducts Nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient
- Ensures that the patient’s progress, or lack of progress, is reflected in progress notes and in the revised care plans
- Discharge planning consistent with the patient’s status and reflects inter-departmental and inter-agency communication
- Communicates information to the patient based on the patient’s level of awareness and readiness to learn
- Supports orientation of new staff members by observing professional behaviors, providing feedback to the staff member and by acting as a preceptor, role model and a resource person
- Functions as a professional role model and mentor for students and volunteers.
- Patient care assignments reflecting an awareness of patient needs and skill level of personnel
- Organization of provision of care to meets priority needs of patients and unit
- Communicates condition of patients and unit requiring additional intervention to the leadership person in the relevant discipline
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- Communicates with peers in an appraisal of practice as it relates to self and other nursing personnel
- Reflects a collaborative effort in meeting the needs of the patient and unit through communication and nursing actions
- Provides direction, assistance and support
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for completion and quality of assigned tasks
- Identifies and communicates to immediate supervisor the need for further staff education
- Reflects awareness of authorities and responsibilities of nursing management levels by communication with nursing leadership
- Seeks and utilizes nursing leaders as role models and resource persons
- Reflects collaborative effort in meeting patient and unit needs by communication with other disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- Current Registered Nurse license in New York State.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.