Mount Sinai Careers
Staff Nurse Cath Lab
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Cardiology - 77443
Cath Lab Staff Nurse
- Conducts Nursing assessment based on interview, examination, observation and review of records of the patient
- Ensures that the patient’s progress, or lack of progress, is reflected in progress notes and in the revised care plans
- Discharge planning consistent with the patient’s status and reflects inter-departmental and inter-agency communication
- Communicates information to the patient based on the patient’s level of awareness and readiness to learn
- Supports orientation of new staff members by observing professional behaviors, providing feedback to the staff member and by acting as a preceptor, role model and a resource person
- Functions as a professional role model and mentor for students and volunteers.
- Patient care assignments reflecting an awareness of patient needs and skill level of personnel
- Organization of provision of care to meets priority needs of patients and unit
- Communicates condition of patients and unit requiring additional intervention to the leadership person in the relevant discipline
- Participates in the development of other staff members
- Communicates with peers in an appraisal of practice as it relates to self and other nursing personnel
- Reflects a collaborative effort in meeting the needs of the patient and unit through communication and nursing actions
- Provides direction, assistance and support
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for completion and quality of assigned tasks
- Identifies and communicates to immediate supervisor the need for further staff education
- Reflects awareness of authorities and responsibilities of nursing management levels by communication with nursing leadership
- Seeks and utilizes nursing leaders as role models and resource persons
- Reflects collaborative effort in meeting patient and unit needs by communication with other disciplines
- Reflects the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing and the Hospital Center in communication and interaction with families and other groups
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or active matriculation in a Bachelors Degree in Nursing Program preferred.
Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Specials skills/experience may be required in specialized areas.
RN NY License
Cardiac Cath Lab or ICU experience is preferred