Mount Sinai Careers
Project Manager, Financial Decision Support
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Project Manager, Financial Decision Support
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager supports daily departmental activities including cost accounting, financial data analysis, clinical data analysis, service line analysis, software operation, data management, reporting, dashboarding, and table maintenance. The Project Manager helps develop and implement departmental policies and procedures and supports interactions with Information Technology, Accounting, key hospital service administrators, and Finance leadership.
- Assists the Director in the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Evaluates operations and identifies areas for improvement within the department.
- Consults, advises and informs Director concerning administrative issues, needs and problems.
- Plans, organizes and implements services to meet departmental goals. Participates in developing and implementing department wide policies and procedures.
- Reviews General Ledger data for various facilities for inclusion in cost accounting structure.
- Using EPSi software, produces quarterly service line profit and loss reports used for administrative decision making.
- Assists development of revenues by payor for inclusion in hospital service line profit and loss reports.
- Creates and publishes Tableau dashboards that showcase data in creative and useful ways.
- Recommends and implements cost effective measures in department operations.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with various Hospital stakeholders to facilitate departmental and institutional goals.
- Manages multiple complex projects for on-time, accurate, and reliable delivery.
- Develops methods to improve and streamline the quarterly cost accounting process.
- Identifies areas of focus for reporting and data requirements for both informal and formal data distribution.
- Maintains integrity of interconnected web of tables, databases, and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Public Administration or related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum five years experience in field health care setting.
- EPSi software proficiency required. Alternative hospital cost accounting software experience (such as Strata) would be considered.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- EPSi (or other hospital cost accounting software)
- Hospital cost accounting
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.