Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Refrigeration Mechanic- Engineering Facilities Management- Variable Shifts
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Per Diem Refrigeration Mechanic- Engineering Facilities Management- Req # 77535
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Repairs, installs and performs preventive maintenance on various types of ice machines and water fountains
- Keeps legible and organized records of installations and repairs on equipment
- Practices EPA approved methods of handling and servicing equipment including using recovery and recycling equipment to remove refrigent, record keeping of refrigerant usage, ensuring minimal release of refrigerant to the atmosphere, reporting to supervisor accidental release of refrigerant etc
- Troubleshoots control circuits to diagnose equipment problems and failures by reading wire diagrams and using volt meters and amp probes
- Troubleshoots system troubles using refrigeration gauges to determine proper refrigerant pressure and temperatures
- Replaces compressors, thermoexpansion valves, evaporator and condenser coils as per EPA guidelines
- Locates leaks in system using electronic leak detectors, halide torch and/or soap and water
- Makes repairs as per EPA guidelines
- Controls room duties at the discretion of the supervisor
- Can be assigned to the operating room to fill in due to vacation and sick
- Responsible for keeping shop and tools clean and organized and for securing tools and equipment to prevent theft
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and materials and follows up as required
- Makes himself available at all times, while on Medical Center premises, to respond to emergency situations within his shop or department. Is available to respond to the requests of supervisors and department heads from departments other than his own during an emergency situation
High School or Trade Vocational School/Refrigeration diploma required or completion of a training program recognized by BIMC
Must have at least 5 years related experience.
Must be able to obtain all certificates or licenses as required by Federal, State or Local codes. Certificate of Qualification for Refrigeration Operator. EPA Universal Certification as Refrigeration handler. Certificate of Fitness for Oxygen & Acetylene.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.