Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Biomed Equipment Worker
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Biomedical Equipment Worker- Biomedical Engineering- Requisition # 77575
Performs functional testing, preventive maintenance, calibration, and repair of basic to complex biomedical instrumentation throughout the hospital.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as resource and provides assistance to other staff in areas concerning specialty, including providing training and instruction to others on specialty equipment. Travel across multiple sites may be required.
- Provides instruction to equipment users on electrical safety, safe operation, and care of equipment.
- Provides alternate solutions for critical issues to higher level for approval prior to implementation.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Repairs, installs, inspects, troubleshoots, and calibrates equipment in specialty area and is familiar with most classes of clinical equipment. Performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections.
- Uses office automation hardware and software applications and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Makes decisions on a majority of complex issues that are broader based, using general policy guidelines.
- Assists with administrative responsibilities associated with the performance of duties including work order control, history records, PM and safety inspections, purchase requests, repair parts and clinical equipment inventory.
- Maintains documentation required by management and as outlined by current policies and procedures.
- Documents time and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of new equipment, accessories and supplies in area of specialty.
- Assists in writing detailed purchase specifications for new equipment.
- Supervises and maintains quality control of services provided by outside vendors.
AAS Degree in Biomedical Technology or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 3 years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment, with at least one year directed towards the specialty area.
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.