Mount Sinai Careers
Nursing Attendant (Mount Sinai St. Luke's) - NURSING FLOAT POOL F/T - Nights
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
NURSING FLOAT POOL - Req #77589
- Assists the nursing staff in performing selected nursing procedures and functional tasks to specific patients
- Transports patients by wheelchair, stretcher or bed
- Assists with lifting, positioning. moving and ambulating patients using body mechanics as instructed
- Assists with patients’ examinations treatments and procedures
- Carries out procedures as taught
- Provides direct physical care, and/or one to one observation to selected patients under supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Completed training as a medical assistant or nursing
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and/or Heart Saver CPR
General Skills and Competencies
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Visual and aural acuity to assess patient within parameters of job responsibilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Oriented to consumer satisfaction.