Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mechanic Foreman- Engineering Facilities Management- Requisition #77640
Repairs and maintains in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers specifications, mechanical equipment, using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains Hospital beds, stretchers, wheelchairs, automatic doors, etc.
- Inspects and maintains medical air and medical vacuum pumps and related systems.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hand tools, and power tools.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and instruments using hand tools and power tools.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Maintains compressed air, vacuum systems.
- May braze, weld or use cutting torch.
- May setup and operate drill press, grinder, and other metal working tools to make and repair parts
High School graduate degree.
At least two years in related field. Two of which were in a supervisory capacity.
NYC Fire Department Burning Permit
Microsoft Office - Beginner
General Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language fluently
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.