Mount Sinai Careers
Supervisor Nursing Administration
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Administers and directs the shift related activities of the Department of Nursing for a designated area of responsibility
- Interprets, implements and evaluates Hospital and Department of Nursing policies and procedures
- Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates all aspects of the delivery of nursing care for a specific shift or a designated group of nursing units
- Makes recommendations to the Director of Nursing regarding departmental standards, policies and procedures
- Collaborates with peers to insure consistent implementation of departmental policies
- Plans, determines, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for area of responsibility within the framework of the Department of Nursing, in collaboration with the Director
- Collaborates with Department Heads to plan, problem-solve, implement and evaluate programs and decisions which affect the delivery of patient care as delegated by the Director of Nursing
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and makes recommendations for changes
- Makes recommendations regarding hiring, extending probation, disciplining and terminating employees in consultation with the Director of Nursing for designated area. Exceptions to this may be made by the Director
- Acts as on-site administrative head for the institution when an administrator and Director are not on the premises
- Maintains and interprets standards of nursing practice for area of responsibility in collaboration with a Director of Nursing
- Implements and maintains the standards set forth by regulatory agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in New York State.
- Demonstrates competence in leadership; relevant clinical experience. Eligibility for joint appointment with University affiliations.