Strength Through Diversity.
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Role and Responsibilities:
Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients.
- Circulate and Scrub in the Operating Room (general surgery, ortho, neuro, gyn, laparoscopic, robotic)
- Provide professional nursing care to Operating Room patients, including documentation, assist MD’s and Surgeons. Assist in quality improvement programs.
- Utilize the nursing process in all aspects of care delivery. Ability to intervene in cardiac arrest, pain management, management of all categories of diseases and surgical procedures.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and pressured environment.
- Holding room responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science preferred, CNOR preferred. Current NYS RN license.
- Experience required, minimum 1-2 years of recent operating room experience preferred.
- ACLS, BLS certifications
- Documented previous experience or educational preparation to support credentials. Relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice. Special skills/experience may be required in specialized areas.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount
Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.