Mount Sinai Careers
Emergency Department Technician - Full Time - Evenings
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Emergency Department Technician
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for patient care and support activities promoting patient focused care within the Emergency Department. Responsible to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Assists Nursing staff and other professionals in day-to-day functions including oxygen, performance and transmission of EKG's, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiration, lab specimens, and activities of daily living.
- Reports any patient behavioral changes or those in movement and functionality, or diet. Performs one-on-one observational status of special precaution patients.
- Provides for safe and comfortable movement of patient, such as: from bed to chair, from bed to stretcher and assists patients when walking alone or with a walker.
- Maintains Emergency Department in a safe, clean environment by completing sanitary and housekeeping tasks, such as maintaining a tidy area and picking up trash.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics and medical terminology preferred.
- Experience: Emergency or Health care setting preferred.
- Successful completion of ED Technician Orientation Program offered by The Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Sufficient oral and writing skills in the English language in order to communicate effectively.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.