Mount Sinai Careers
Nurse Information Systems Coordinator (Mount Sinai West) - NURSING ADMINISTRATION F/T DAY Shift
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
NURSING ADMINISTRATION - Req #77807
Job Title: Nurse Information Systems Coordinator
Provides specialized knowledge and facilitates maintenance of the Staffing Office's computerized programs. Acts as resource person to Nursing Administration on program content and computer use.
- Integrates data from various source reports to provide customized reports for Nursing Administration.
- Provides specific reports to Nursing Management as requested
- .Acts as liaison with software and hardware companies and with Management Information Systems to maintain the functioning of the computerized systems
- Installs revised/enhanced programs into the computer
- Participates in implementation of and becomes expert in new computerized programs for Nursing Administration
- Maintains accurate source data within the programs to assure accuracy of reports
- Facilitates inclusion of all Nursing Department and agency/registry personnel into the computerized systems
- Processes daily and monthly computerized reports and unit schedules
- Prepares time schedules for float team and perdiem personnel
- Knowledge of staffing office functions and provides coverage as necessary
- Maintains Per Diem/Agency report, Variance report, Position Control, and Vacancy report
- Inputs Time Changes into Computer
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (highly preferred) or comparable experience necessary.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of software programs used within Nursing Administration, including ANSOS, MEDICUS and EXCEL