Mount Sinai Careers
Associate IT Director - IT Security
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
IT Security - Req #77865
Associate IT Director
The Associate IT Director plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day activities within the department. The Associate IT Director assists the Director in implementing operational policies and procedures and ensures operational efficiency is maintained throughout the department.
- Manage and oversee all IT related activities, under the direction of the IT Director in accordance with the guidelines set by the department and best practices, including evaluating design, development and coordination of projects.
- Provide technical support and consultation on the installation, configuration, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals devices, providing accurate reports with recommendations for improvements.
- Communicate with internal and external clients regularly to clearly communicate technical concepts, procedures to non-technical users.
- Define and communicate project milestones, or scope of work, and resource allocation.
- Supervise, hires, trains, and evaluates assigned staff. Works with employees to correct deficiencies, recommends and implements corrective action and discipline, as well as professional development. Manage staff, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and performance.
- Assist with the development of long and short term goals for the department, which align with organizational goals.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of hardware and software, under the area of responsibility.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of financial and administrative reports, analyzes and interprets statistics, financial data, and management planning data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
- Performs other related duties.