Mount Sinai Careers
Community Health Advocate
Strength Through Diversity
- 1. Performs intake and assessment, service plan development, individual and group education, individual and group counseling, timely documentation, and appropriate referrals
- 3. Identifies, selects, accesses, and makes referrals to appropriate community resources
- 2. Provides direct service to patients selecting service types compatible with assessment and identified adherence goals
- 4. Participates in case conferences, staff meetings
- 5. Maintains appropriate documentation as defined by hospital policies and procedures and program requirement
BA degree and/or four-five years professional experience.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Project coordination experience working in a health-related project preferred. Facility with case management. Demonstration of cultural competence, and excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstration of a high level of organization and attention to detail. Experience in HIV/AIDS preferred. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Proficiency in email/internet.