Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Provide a wide variety of procedures including endotracheal intubation, arterial puncture and Blood Gas analysis.
- Administers oxygen therapy, bronchodilator therapy and ventilator management as per physician order; keeping detailed documentation the patient record.
- Performs arterial puncture to obtain arterial blood gas (ABG) samples for analysis and interprets data system in order to obtain ABG results, report ABG results and maintains analyzers.
- Conforms to all applicable New York State Education Department standards for the practice of Respiratory Therapy
- Records and processes physician’s written or verbal orders, as allowed, for all Oxygen and or Therapeutic Medical Gas Administration.
- Performs cardiopulmonary evaluations and assessments that are the systematic collection and review of patient-specific and age specific data necessary to determine the appropriate patient’s care and treatment needs on an initial, ongoing, and continuous basis, to include possible Home Care needs.
- Assessments will include evaluation of treatment and/or procedures outcomes (showing respect for patient needs, expectations and individual differences) as compared to physician’s goals and appropriate follow-up action.
- Responsible for the assembly, sequential operation; calibration of equipment and accessories to implement associated therapeutic regimens, including but not limited to pre-op teaching to both in-patient and out-patient, as well as basic pulmonary functions studies, deep breathing and coughing (with and without splinting) exercises and incentive spirometry.
- Responds to all code calls and other types of stat or life threatening calls, to include; CPR, airway management, trauma team responses, etc.
- Administers emergency care as required.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Graduate of an approved RRT program required, Minimum 1-2 yrs. exp. in acute care hospital, NYS license required. Registered Respiratory Thrapist with NBRC. BLS certification, intubating skills required.
- Position requires candidate be available to work on weekends.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills required. Basic computer skills required. Ability to problem solves using critical thinking required.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects/patients with/without reasonable accommodations.