Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist - Mount Sinai Downtown Req# 77950
- Ensure delivery of patient care by learners is consistent with the Philosophy and Goals of the Division of Nursing Department, and the Patient Care Unit.
- Leads nursing practice using the tenets of the Professional Practice Model of Relationship Centered Care and the Care Delivery Model of Modified Primary Nursing for the promotion of the patient experience.
- Communicates quantitative and qualitative information regarding the patient experience to the staff and the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager/physician dyad and escalates concerns as appropriate.
- Demonstrates caring, respect, compassion, empathy and active listening through dialogue, body language and actions.
- Participates in and assists staff with nursing standards, patient education, discharge planning, and continuity of care.
- Provides clinical supervision/support to staff for new skills as needed. Assigns learners to patients based on their qualifications/competencies, learning needs assessment, patient needs and ability to provide/maintain quality patient care and satisfaction. Collaborates with preceptors as appropriate.
- Collaborates with preceptors, staff, nursing management, and other disciplines as appropriate for patient care services and patient education.
- Licensed as a registered nurse with current registration in New York State
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Education required
- Certification in Oncology Nursing required
- Five (5) years nursing experience in an identified area of clinical specialty is required
- Two (2) years teaching and/or leadership experience preferred
- MS Office Suite – intermediate