Mount Sinai Careers
Supervisor Security PTR
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Part Time Security Supervisor- Security Administration- Requisition # 77987
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducts roll call, inspect and assign personnel to security posts accordingly to ensure proper coverage
- Inspects security posts to ensure personnel performance and compliance with the duties of the various posts
- Submits written reports of personnel and security posts deficiencies
- Reviews, investigates and follows-up reports of incidents/complaints recorded by security personnel to determine accuracy of documentation and resolutions
- Institutes action to correct any safety and/or security concerns and conduct proper notifications
- Maintains a chain of communication with oncoming shift supervisors to apprise them of incidents, information or instructions which may affect their shift
- Responds to emergencies, fire alarms, ect. to assist administrative and medical staff in directives to ensure safety of patients, visitors and staff
- Acts as liaison with local law enforcement agencies where applicable
- Conducts fire drills and assess and document overall compliance and performance by all staff members
- Trains security personnel on the requirements, descriptions and standards of performance for each security post assignments
- Informs and instructs current security personnel of new and addition policies and procedures
- Trains and orients new security personnel of overall Medical Center and departmental policies and procedures
- Takes immediate disciplinary action when job performance is not in compliance with Medical Center and Departmental policies and procedures
- High school diploma.
- Minimum two years of security supervisory experience.
- New York State Security Guard certification.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.