Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Central Sterile
REQ # 77994
Job Title: Central Supply Technician Level 2
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of decontamination, disinfection and cleaning methods. Exhibits knowledge in determining the methods to be used to care for instruments: hand washing, mechanical washing or disinfection, especially in removal of protein and corrosion. Thoroughly disassembles instruments and equipment for cleaning and ensures all bio-burden material is removed. Inspects important points in instruments and equipment to ensure they are functioning properly and there is no damage. Operates and troubleshoots cleaning equipment. Maintains OSHA safety standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of preparation and assembly, inspection and packaging of general and two specialty instrument services. Selects and inspects all the required instruments for each set used in the OR; arranges them in the proper sequence and in a manner for effective sterilization; adds the sterilization integrator, adds the assembly list, wraps, seals, and/or containerize; labels each set appropriately. Thoroughly inspects all instruments for sharpness, functionality and integrity. Utilizes resources available to replace faulty/missing instruments and/or contacts the Instrument Coordinator for replacement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization processes, documentation, storage, and delivery of sterile packages. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding by explanation of the function and operation of all sterilization processes as well as understands the sterilizer mechanical/chemical indicators.
- Effectively enters, modifies and searches information in the instrument tracking system. Accurately incorporates the scanning of all tasks, transactions and sets processed into the daily record.
- Incorporates infection control guidelines during the transferring, storing and transporting of sterile packages.
- Demonstrates knowledge in preparation and dispatch of surgical cases. Use of the Horizon Surgical Manager program to upload and download operating room schedules. Exhibit knowledge in correct identification of medical/surgical supplies and pick the right quantity and the right medical/surgical supplies according to preference cards. Get tray printout to accompany picked cases, sign preference cards, accurately label case carts with building ID, Room #, surgeon’s name, and deliver cases to the operating room.
- 1-2 years sterile processing experience, with achievement of specific competencies
- CRCST certification required
- MS Office Suite
- Position requires the ability to lift, push, pull, or move supplies and equipment with or without the use of assisted devices.
- Handle chemicals and detergents.
- Requires the ability to see, hear, write and communicate clearly.
- Must be able to operate automated and technical equipment.
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately.
- Physical stamina, good manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform within parameters of job responsibilities.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.