Mount Sinai Careers
Social Work Supervisor - 9045 - Social Work
- Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social Work Supervisor (MSW) - Req Number: 78106
Job Title: Social Work Supervisor
- Demonstrates the ability to perform clinical/technical/service/administrative tasks.
- Supervises performances and professional development of 4-15 social workers, social work assistants and/or counselors, number contingent upon other administrative/coordination responsibilities within the Department or designated unit of assignment.
- Assigns work and assures coverage in area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direct service as needed.
- Participates in continual evaluation and development of social work services at site of assignment.
- Sets goals and objectives.
- Sets and monitors compliance with performances standards.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational,safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
- Will serve the following patient population: Neonate/Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric.
- Identifies physical, behavioral and emotional characteristics typical for the age group.
- Modifies approaches based on patient age-specific needs and responses to treatment.
- Provides care for patients based on age-specific needs.
- Uses communications techniques which are age appropriate.
- Participates in the department's performance improvement activities.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Add additional Organizational/Managerial skills here.
- Participates in recruitment of staff and makes hiring recommendations.
- Evaluates employee performance.
- Institutes appropriate action if/when performance of assigned staff is not achieved.
- Re-evaluates existing social work programs and plans, develops and implements new programs in conjunction with other disciplines to meet the needs of assigned patient population.
- Responds to administrative directives in a timely fashion.
- Identifies QI indicators for area (s) of responsibility and provides data for Department QI program.
- Performs other Departmental duties as required.
- Monitors Department statistical reporting system for assigned staff and assesses expected productivity levels.
- Trains, reviews, evaluates, and gives feed back to subordinates.
- Identifies, assesses, and solves day-to-day problems.
- Investigates causes and identifies solutions.
- Follows-up to see that solutions are implemented.
- Participates in the development of other staff members.
- Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements
- Identifies learning strengths and needs.
- Utilizes learning resources.
- Oversees in-service training to ensure that educational background and staff development of employees in unit meet standards set by Department and hospital.
- Participates in administrative, teaching, and training assignments as designated.
- Demonstrate competence in organizational and program development related to meeting patient needs.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others.
- Displays courtesy, tact and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community.
- Builds relationships across departmental illness to facilitate the delivery of service.
- Represents Department in community health,welfare, and regulatory activities as assigned.
- Uses written and verbal skills to convey information.
- Perceives self and work group as representing the Hospital Center.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned or perform other duties when necessary.
MSW from a Graduate School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.