Mount Sinai Careers
Chemotherapy Suite Assistant Nurse Manager - FT Days - Mount Sinai Downtown
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Assistant Manager of Nursing is an Advanced Practice Nurse with advanced and diverse clinical and leadership knowledge and skills and assumes a direct leadership responsibility for the practice of the Clinical Nurse Coordinators and support staff in the Chemotherapy Suite. Responsibility extends to ongoing program development, quality assurance/performance improvement, staff development and promotion of multi-disciplinary program activity.
- Is responsible and accountable for his/her own nursing practice.
- Responsible for 24 hour back-up on-call for each clinical program, providing advanced clinical, financial and management input to the organization and scheduling of organ procurements and transplants.
- Supervises the nursing practice of the Clinical Nurse Coordinators in the adult chemotherapy suite and functions as a resource person for personnel in problem solving diverse issues related to the transplant process.
- Oversees the patient evaluation process, listing process, waiting list management, transplant process and pre and post-transplant patient care in both the out patient and in patient areas. Responsible for the development and implementation of new and innovative processes to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of all aspects of patient care activities to cater for the increasing patient population without compromising quality patient care.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary team rounds, clinical rounds, recipient selection committee and relevant program activities to maintain currency on all clinical aspects of program operations.
- Act as a catalyst for the development of innovative activities, policies and procedures that contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery of patient care. Plays a significant role in the development, evaluation and implementation of standards of practice and related policies and procedures in chemotherapy suite.
- [BASED ON JOB DESCRIPTION, THE NECESSARY JOB REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES—DEGREES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.]