Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Physicians Assistant - PA - Neurosurgery - MSW
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. Provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, which range from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Eligibility Requirements: Graduate from an ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant) program, or equivalent as approved by the New York State Education Department. (Additional education/experience may be required for some specialty areas).
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS Board of Medicine
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate for mid-level providers. (Full schedule: 2, 2N, 3, 3N, 4, 5)
- NYS Mandated Infection Control Course Certificate (renewable every four years)