Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform service/administrative tasks.
- Greets patients/family in a courteous and caring manner.
- Answers phones promptly and courteously by identifying self and the department, and responds to all emergency requests.
- Listens closely to all customers’ requests and concerns and follows-through or refers to a supervisor, if appropriate.
- Performs appropriate name search in ADT to eliminate duplication of Medical Record Numbers.
- Obtains/confirms complete and accurate demographics and insurance coverage by interviewing the patient and entering information in appropriate system. Secures additional information from physician and/or patient. Verifies that data is correctly entered in appropriate system and that addressograph plate/face sheets are made.
- Processes all support documentation and forms to compete admission. Explains accommodations and required forms to patient, assuring completeness. Obtain signatures as related to hospital policies and procedures.
- Reconciles Daily Census in ADT and TeleTracking. Inputs accurate data and distributes daily to Census Distribution List if directed.
- Timely and accurately assigns beds for all admissions/transfers and direct admissions based on patient diagnosis and bed availability utilizing TeleTracking (BedBoard electronic systems). Enters/updates appropriate accommodation code(s) and appropriate Attending.
- Monitors transfer appropriately and accurately and communicates with appropriate receiving team. Discharges/closes inpatient and ambulatory surgery cases using appropriate code(s) immediately upon request.
- Enters expiration/TOP information in log book and appropriate system; contacts Organ Donor Network and assures Electronic Death Certificate is complete, signed and printed.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of a patient/newborn’s admission/transfer and may escort to appropriate unit.
- Monitor TeleTracking and EMSTAT for timely placement of patient
- Collects self-pay, co-pays, or deductibles when indicated by Patient Financial Counseling Department. Issues patient’s receipt and follows appropriate procedure for securing payment
- Verifies and reconciles census information with inpatient and ambulatory surgery units and updates change in appropriate system.
- Prepares admission/ambulatory surgery folders for next day’s admissions. Reconciles admission lists/OR schedules and investigates discrepancies.
- Ensures labels and wristbands are made to appropriate areas immediately after admission or transfer.
- Provides patient and/or family information regarding their admission/surgery. Provides general hospital information in a courteous and caring manner.
- Follows appropriate downtime procedure; assigning downtime MR# and case numbers, making manual plates; entering correct downtime numbers in system.
- Obtains accurate information to complete birth certificate and enter into EBRS to DOH within appropriate timeframe; process corrections as indicated.
- Complete Paternity Form when applicable
- Enters Height & Weights for Babies in EAGLE for Finance
- Timely and accurate billing for L&D patients
- Trained and competent in the use of Forms on Demand (FOD), Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS), Electronic Birth Registration System (EBRS), EMSTAT, PRISM, EAGLE, TeleTracking.
- Two years’ experience in hospital admitting or other healthcare registration area preferred
- High School Diploma required or equivalent
- Second language strongly preferred