Mount Sinai Careers
Physicians Assistant - PA - Internal Medicine/ Addiction Institute - MSBI
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Chemical Dependency Medical Service MSBI: Hospital setting (detox/rehab), Variable shift-Mostly days M-F with some light weekend coverage
Whether our Physician Assistants are caring for a critically ill patient as part of an interdisciplinary team or assisting in a groundbreaking surgery, they all have one common goal – to provide world-class patient care. At Mount Sinai, we advance innovation by leveraging progressive technologies, such as our state-of-the-art simulation training labs. We encourage autonomy among our PA’s by fostering an environment that is focused on building strong relationships with our patients through earning & keeping their trust. Resilience is a requirement, as every day brings a new set of challenges.
- We are a chemical dependency service that provides care for inpatient detoxification & rehabilitation, as well as outpatient detoxification & rehabilitation
- Physician Assistants are responsible for admissions, daily floor work including detox/medical management, discharges and help leading the multi-disciplinary team
- Provide care for patients in collaboration with the physician and within the guidelines mutually agreed upon by clinical and medical administration.
- Assesses patients’ needs and develops plan of care in collaboration with the physician
- Provides health teaching, guidance and counseling
- Makes appropriate referrals with the concurrence of the physician
- Performs complete physical exams utilizing customary techniques
- Orders diagnostic testing in collaboration with the physician
- Orders medication in collaboration with physician
· We are looking for strong medicine candidates who can function autonomously, as this is a patient population with many medical comorbidities
· Bachelor’s Degree and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
· Preferably three to five years equivalent combination of education and experience, however will train a strong new graduate
· New York State license as a Registered Physician Assistant. Certification through completion of national boards preferred