Mount Sinai Careers
Simulation Specialist-Research Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Assist in the overall day-to-day operation of the Center including general office duties.
- Contribute in planning, setting goals, preparing reports, assessing, and recommending, procuring, and tracking inventory records of supplies, equipment, technology software, and simulation-related needs of the Center.
- Understand the current and up-to-date use and operation of different simulator technologies ranging from anatomic models and task trainers to computer based simulation to full body high-fidelity patient simulators
- Assist as simulator operator in running pre-programmed scenarios with faculty instructors, role playing applications, setting up and cleaning up for every simulation session and course programs.
- Assist in conducting ongoing maintenance of all simulation equipment, including cleaning and repairing, assuring that all equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
- Utilizes available and appropriate in-hospital and external resources in maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting simulation equipment, media, computers, materials, and system problems related to simulation.
- Provide orientation, technical assistance, support and training to faculty, instructors and staff in the use of simulation equipment.
- Provide assistance and support to the faculty, fellows, and staff in carrying out research activities of the center including gathering , storing, retrieving, documenting, maintaining, and organizing research related data and special project reports.
- Assist in collecting data and maintaining ongoing databases in the simulation center generated from training sessions and surveys.
- Participate in technical training as necessary
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Broad knowledge of information technology skills (Microsoft word, Power Point, Excel), internet search, computer technology operations and troubleshooting, technology hardware and software, audio-visual equipment, and social networking systems (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Healthcare background
- Basic skills in the and willingness to learn administration of research protocols and clinical trials; recruitment and enrollment of research subjects
- Technical writing skills for preparation of reports
- Ability to analyze data and represent it graphically
- Some experience in simulation-based education in healthcare preferred