Mount Sinai Careers
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Plumber Mechanic- Engineering- Requisition # 78256
Supervises, trains and directs personnel assigned to the maintenance plumbing shop in the inspection, service and repair of piped steam, water and air lines, including associated equipment such as plumbing fixtures, flushometers, drains, traps, radiators, valves, etc. as well as autoclaves, sterilizers and distilled water units.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintains records on location, size, and areas served by all water, steam and air shutoff valves.
- Coordinates and assures the efforts and timely repairs during partial shut downs to minimize the duration of the system’s outage.
- Always considers patient care as having priority in shut down circumstances.
- Expedites all maintenance requests assigned.
- Maintain appropriate records on the utilization of manpower, establish job standards, improve quality of workmanship, modernize methods, and lower costs of plumbing maintenance in the Hospital.
- Submits periodic evaluations on staff, recommends advancement, transfers, dismissals or other disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Orders materials required for jobs assigned or replenishes existing inventory.
- Accounts for all materials used on each job ordered.
- Carries out emergency duties, when necessary.
- High School graduate degree or equivalent.
- Five years of related experience, two of which were in a supervisory capacity. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
- NYC Fire Dept. Burning Permit and NYC Fire Dept. Sprinkler/Standby Certificate.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.