Mount Sinai Careers
Licensed Refrigeration Operator
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Licensed Refrigeration Operator- Engineering Facilities Management-Requisition #78268
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintains HVAC log, when on watch, which reflects all changes in the HVAC and air conditioning systems
- Adjusts all systems in order to keep best efficiency and peak operation for all HVAC and refrigeration equipment including flows, electrical, steam, etc. and with support equipment, such as air compressors, motor pumps, etc
- Monitors changes in the outside environment, either acting on or recommending changes concerning the air conditioning and refrigeration units, such as starting, stopping
- Maintains the building automation systems, the operation, routine service and makes adjustments when needed
- Performs functions in the fire brigade including responding with the fire brigade cart to all fires, drills, alarms, or calls relating to such safety
- Assists Stationary Engineer in the responsibilities of the Watch
- Graduate or equivalent and an accredited associate degree in air conditioning technology.
- Must have at least one year experience as a Licensed Refrigeration Operator or three to five years as an assistant refrigeration operator. Must be able to troubleshoot controls and miscellaneous equipment. Must be knowledgeable in BMS computers.
- Must possess a current, valid NYC Unlimited Tonnage Refrigeration and Air Conditioning License, CFC License, a G95 for Cutting/Welding, an F97 Standard/Sprinkler Fire Pump; and be working towards a G35 Air Compressor COF and Water Treatment for Cooling Tower.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.