Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Information Services - Req #78295
The Clinical Informaticist provides support to optimize the use of EPIC in assigned user clinical areas. This individual works closely with clinical staff to maximize efficient and effective use of EPIC as it relates to patient care, user satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a liaison between the clinical users and the EPIC IT team\
- Works with leaders to establish best practices to modify and improve the electronic documentation
- Provides recommendations and observations to leadership regarding strategies to improve user satisfaction and increase efficiencies.
- Specializes in patient care processes and clinician workflow and leads initiatives to promote effective process design, development, and implementation of the electronic health record and other technologies.
- Problem solves application and workflow issues and works through barriers to achieve results by collaborating effectively with all members of the healthcare delivery team and the IT team.
- Follows through to ensure final resolution of problems, recommending longer-term solutions when appropriate and communicating back to the individual reporting the problem.
- Partner with the Nursing Education department to enhance EHR use for proficiency and documentation compliance. Available to all clinical staff for quick answers to questions.
- Reviews and facilitates nursing informatics competencies for the nursing staff
- Provides go-live support for the units/services
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a health related field. Master’s degree in Informatics preferred.
- 3 years minimum clinical experience.
- Clinical data analysis and performance improvement experience preferred.
- Evidence of clinical information systems use and implementation preferred.
- Previous experience with clinical leadership preferred.
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
EPIC Certification preferred, NYS license and current registration in Nursing, PT or Allied Healthcare Professional
General Skills and Competencies:
- Must have excellent written and oral communication.
- Presentation skills and must problem solve effectively.
- Must have the ability to coach and teach clinical staff.
- Must have an understanding of clinical workflows and have a strong critical thinking and application of knowledge within a complex academic medical center.
- Must work well with a team environment.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.