Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for the day to day operations of The Patient Service Center and close collaboration with other leaders to support the innovation and implementation of programs that foster a 'patient-centered culture.’ Initiates investigations and collaborates with MSW staff to resolve and respond to written as well as verbal complaints presented to the Patient Service Center. Participates in the Senior Leadership process to address systems issues. Uses 'best practice' information from a variety of external sources that might favorably impact the patient and family experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of the day to day operations of the Patient Service Center which oversees patient complaints and grievances as well as language services for the hospital and Mount Sinai West faculty practice.
- Supervision of Patient Service Center staff with day-to-day activities and provide back up for difficult/complicated complaints and grievances.
- Responsible for the identification of trends through complaints. Works collaboratively with the Departments towards resolution and improved processes.
- Responsible for the development, oversite and management of timely responses to grievances – initiating investigation, working closely with departments obtaining feedback and crafting a response. Work closely with Risk Management and Quality.
- Works to maintain compliance with Regulatory guidelines as they relate to the complaints and grievance process.
- Coordinate resolution of verbal concerns that are complicated and/or presented to senior administration.
- Monitors compliance with the entry of information into database and the preparation of requested reports from database to senior leaders, directors, managers and Risk/Quality
- Responsible for reviewing, revising and disseminating the Policies that come out of the department on an annual and/or as needed basis.
- Review, evaluate and synthesize a number of customer experience data sets, including but not limited to:
- Patient Satisfaction Surveys
- Written and verbal patient compliments
- Written and verbal patient complaints/grievances
- Coordinate and monitor follow-up with recommended Performance Improvement Plans and outside Patient Satisfaction/Professionalism projects.
- Responsible for holding monthly departmental staff meetings.
- Participates in the complaints and grievances committee.
- Co-chairs the Patient Experience of Care Committee and helps connect themes/trends from patient complaints/grievances with targeted efforts at improving patient experience.
- Responsible for monthly 1:1 supervision of Patient Service Staff and Limited English Proficiency (LEP) interpreters.
- Provide education to various Hospital staff as well as MSDFP Practice Managers regarding role of and function of Patient Service Center.
- Provide back up to Patient Representatives and Language Assistance Program Director.
- Supervises Director of Language Assistance Program in their monitoring of the day-to-day operation of the Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Program and budget.
- Monitors Departmental Process Improvement Plans.
Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in health care setting with direct patient contact.