Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem MRI Technician
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position, and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors. Adheres to established infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; processing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records (including the completion and verification of exams.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by maintaining regulatory CME requirements. Attends educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completion of an accredited Radiology Program
N.Y. State Dept. of Health Licensed Radiologic Technologist required