Mount Sinai Careers
Payroll Representative - Full Time - Day Shift - Nursing Department - Mount Sinai St. Luke's
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept Name- Nursing - Telemetry
Job Title: Payroll Representative
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that payroll information is accurately entered into the appropriate system(s); evaluates data entries for accuracy, completeness and conformity with established policies and procedures. Reviews such data as schedule entries calculations, benefits entitlement and shift differentials.
- Investigates departmental inquires involving recalculation of overtime, benefits, on-call shift differentials and/or reversal of payments.
- Processes advance vacation request payments; inputs appropriate data into AtStaff, GEAC and other prevailing payroll systems. Coordinates the transfer of benefits maintenance data.
- Prepares pro-rata benefits changes for the bargaining and non-bargaining units.
- Responds to departmental inquiries and issues related to payroll information. Works to resolve issues and problems in an expeditious and satisfactory manner.
- Communicates payroll policies and procedures to department managers and other staff members as needed.
- Cultivates and maintains an effective working relationship with departments.
- Performs other related duties.
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelors preferred
- 2 years of payroll experience including at least 1 year working directly with federal, state and local payroll regulations and tax tables to determine deductions preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll regulations and tax tables
- Strong organizational skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.