Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a nurse manager, you will assume 24 hour accountability of the clinical care and fiscal productivity for an 8 Bed Inpatient Dialysis Unit and 15 Bed Inpatient Rehab Unit with a total of 23 employees made up of RNs, Medical Assistants, and Unit Secretary. Responsible for assessing, identifying, planning, implementing and evaluating the processes, technology, personnel, and facility needs required to achieve patient outcomes safely and cost effectively in a patient centered environment. Act as a member of the Patient Care Services and Leadership Team; collaborate with and guide the interdisciplinary team members in achieving patient outcomes.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required;
- Masters in Nursing or Health related field or current enrollment in Master’s program.
- NYS RN with 5 years of Dialysis clinical experience with proven progressive leadership responsibilities;
- Nursing Management experience preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse with current registration in New York State
- BLS required.
- Evidence of ability to maintain and promote interpersonal relationships, communicate appropriately to others, and work effectively and efficiently to solve problems
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team displaying effective communication and critical thinking
- Critical thinking and organizational skills are essential
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.