Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Director Ambulatory Operations - Mount Sinai West (Columbus Circle Area)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Director Ambulatory Operations - Mount Sinai West
Reporting to and in conjunction with the VP of Ambulatory Operations, the Sr. Director is responsible for the day-day operations of all Ambulatory Operations at Mount Sinai West. Oversees initiatives related to practice management, patient satisfaction, performance improvement, staff assessments and training, workflow redesign, facilities planning and technology implementations and on-going support.
Assist in operationalizing FPA and hospital best practices at MSW consistent with that of the Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice and the strategic plan for Mount Sinai West. This will consist of but not limited to the following:
- Work as the point person for any consulting and/or operational assessments in order to understand the current infrastructure
- Instrumental in operationalizing recommendations made as a result of consulting/assessment activity
- Develop a plan for monitoring effectiveness of proposed changes and making recommendations as needed
- Responsible for the Article 28 clinic operations at West including access, staffing, regulatory compliance, billing compliance and any other operational issues.
- Establishing a workflow for recruiting/onboarding new faculty that considers all faculty needs as well as available resources. Workflow will engage administrators and department heads in order to create appropriate mechanisms for handoffs so that faculty is effectively and consistently transitioned.
- Works with administrators in overseeing and facilitating all onboarding activity including:
- Inpatient and outpatient needs
- Real Estate/Construction needs – Acts as a member of the project and works with the project manager in order to create efficiency and consistency throughout the faculty practices
- Working through and resolving inter-institutional issues and technologies
- Working with senior leadership to develop new markets
- Coordinating off campus practice expansion
- Participating in the planning, design and implementation of off-campus physician practice development
- Develops an administrative team of senior business and management analysts to assist in expansion efforts
- Works with administrators to coordinate efforts to expand their practices through the addition of clinical programs or through relocation
- Oversees all practice related renovation projects
- Recommends an appropriate staffing model for the newly created Faculty Practices at MSR administrative body in order to plan, organize and control, day-to-day activities, projects and initiatives that will continue to improve and expand service offerings
- Administrative Chair to all practice committees for the rollout of EPIC, GE Centricity and other practice management systems
- Works with administrators and practice managers to assist in integrations, process and operational improvement efforts, as well as optimization of all system enhancements
- Assists with the implementation of ICD-10
- Assesses the need for, operationalizes and oversees the use of other business systems in order to optimize clinical effectiveness such as ZOCDOC, Patient Online and an Automated Appointment Reminder System
- Responsible for assessing and improving patient access throughout the practices by working with Departmental Administrators and Managers to improve telephone services as well as physician scheduling capacity.
- Will assess the current use of the Automated Call Distribution System and associated technology to improve patient access.
- Will assess the need for a Centralized Call Center in order to insure that patient appointments are managed to meet MSDFP performance standards. Develop necessary plan for operationalizing if needed.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures across all practices in order to meet patient, physician and staff needs.
- Aligns Practices with key strategic institutional and corporate goals
- Assists in the development and leads all Process Improvement initiatives and works with clinical departments to ensure that objectives are met
- Creates and facilitates all Patient Satisfaction efforts to include the management of the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey process as well as action plans to help position MSR faculty practices among the top faculty practice plans in the country
- Identifies Best Practices and works with the clinical departmental leadership to develop new processes that are relevant, cost effective and will improve throughput
- Develops and Leads appropriate administrative forums for Departmental Administrators and Practice Managers in order to distribute important information thoughout the practices
- Leads the organizations’ Process Improvement initiatives and works with clinical departments to ensure that objectives are met
- Maintains compliance with all regulatory bodies
- Creates and manages an Emergency Preparedness initiative for the Faculty Practices at MSR and represents the Practice in Medical Center wide emergency preparedness efforts
- Participates in and assists in the creation of all practice and practice related committees such as Position Control and other leadership committees
- Participates and attends conferences and seminars as required.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, administrators throughout the organization. Serving as a key and critical liaison to MS Doctors Faculty Practice Leadership and MSW Senior Leadership.
- TJC oversight for Ambulatory clinics
- Responsible for all collective bargaining negotiations for the offsite practices
- Up to 15 direct reports.
- Master's Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Physician Practice Management, preferably in a large integrated medical facility.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Previous work in an Academic Physician Practice strongly desired.
Strength Through Diversity